Never hit a man with your fist if someone else will hit him with his car.

Government Website Offers Klingon Translation

image by Marcin Wichary, wikimedia commons

image by Marcin Wichary, wikimedia commons

“The Klingon translation started out as a promotion for the Star Trek Into Darkness movie that premiered in May,” the Chicago Tribune reports. “It has remained long after the movie release because the department received positive feedback from some who found it humorous.”

Anyone else have a problem with government money being used to promote Star Trek: Into Darkness?

Blogs and Articles in No Particular Order

Fascinating collection of world maps via stunning belly dancer Sonia Bethany Burns (see below). 40 Maps That Will Help You Make Sense of the World

A visually catching series of photos via Kathleen Redwine. Ballet Dancers in Random Situations

There’s been a lot of talk about the legality of unwarranted surveillance of our own citizens and foreigners within our borders. General Michael Hayden, former Director of both the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency, demonstrates his own knowledge of our Constitutional rights. I think I’m seeing part of the problem . . .

Are you missing Downton Abbey as much as I am? Mystery Author K.B. Owen helps us get our Dowager fix to tide us over until Season 4 begins here in America. Need a Dowager Fix?

As America’s children go back to school, Smplefy explains why they don’t want to end up in an Elmo costume. An Open Letter to the Children of Las Vegas

K.M. Weiland visits Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi  at The Bookshelf Muse. Sagging Middles: Fix Your Story’s Muffin Top!

NYT Best Selling Author Courtney Milan does a few essential calculations for authors. Know What Your Rights are Worth–via Best Selling Author Diane Capri.

The beautiful, talented, and clever Sonia Bethany Burns . . .

Campaign Style Poll Daddy Question of the Week:

All the best to all of you for a week of clear communication.

Piper Bayard

Posted in:

19 thoughts on “ The End is Near (and we deserve it) . . . Government Website Offers Klingon Translation

1. on ,
    Jay Holmes said:

How do I say this politely? In my opinion Michael Hayden is an ignorant and dangerous creep.His arrogance and his impatient disdain for the American public and our constitution is unforgiveable. The message is very clear, to hell with the American public and the constitution.

2. on ,
    Jae said:

I’m thrilled we’re spending our hard earned money thieved from us as taxes to promote movies. /sarc 😛

• on ,
      Jay Holmes said:

Hi Jae. Piper is gone this afternoon so in her absence I thank you for visiting.

3. on ,
    Dave said:

No need to be polite…He represents an excellent example of the right wing version of the nanny state and why governments can’t be trusted with unfettered power. Governments are composed of individuals, with their own questionable motivations. Once checks and balances are removed, they can do whatever they wish. There are (no doubt) plenty of dedicated public servants within the government, but they can easily be pushed aside by those ruthless enough unless there are systemic limits.

• on ,
      Jay Holmes said:

I wonder if NSA visits count for a “hit” for marketing purposes.

• on ,
        Dave said:

Hope so…it’s our tax dollars at work. We might as well get SOMETHING in return.

4. No. The government needs to save its money so it can spend it suing Texas to keep us from discriminating against illegal aliens who want to vote.

• on ,
      Jay Holmes said:

You Texans are so mean. Why shouldn’t the border states provide free health care for Mexico?

5. on ,
    Kathleen said:

Thanks for the mention, Piper. And even more thanks for the gorgeous clip of Sonia Bethany Burns. Zaghareet to you both!!

• on ,
      Jay Holmes said:

Hi Kathleen. Piper is gone this afternoon so in her absence I thank you for visiting.

6. Piper first, Sonia Bethany Burns OMG. I haven’t seen a more perfect use of the human body since, never mind, it’s kinda personal. As for the video of the NSA a$$hat Sonia would have been infinity better. But seeing Keith Olbermann again was nice. I miss him on MSNBC.

7. on ,
    Jay Holmes said:

“I haven’t seen a more perfect use of the human body since, never mind, it’s kinda personal.”

Do tell.

8. I think the Klingon translation should be only the beginning. I’d be far happier to read IRS regulations if they were in Piratese. Airport security groping would be more fun if they used Pig Latin (Emove-ray our-yay oes-shay). How about translating all of the Congressional minutes to Cousin-Itt language? (although it would sound the same).

And thank you for making me feel like I really DO use my history degree, when I kept thinking during that first video, “The fourth amendment says unreasonable searches AND probable cause.”

9. I’m a bit late to the party, but the Dowager and I thank you for the mention. And as always, the post is a fun Friday cruise-fest. How that bellydancer does that thing with her belly…I’d be afraid of getting stuck in one of those positions. It wouldn’t be pretty. 😉